Paid To Popup Design House

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Summer, summertime!!

    I am ready.

    As my eldest finishes his final exam, my youngest son announces he is playing hooky for his final three days next week (and I am okay with that) and my girlie has her field trip, I am hereby declaring the arrival of Summer!

    I am through making bag lunches...and waking up in a cold sweat realizing I forgot to pick up bread for sandwiches.

    I am ready for full-time flip flop wearing, and less socks to wash.
    I am ready to use my clothesline every fine day.

    I am ready to fire up the barbecue more days than not.

    I am ready to fill my deep-freeze with freezies, and watch my children slyly poke the empty wrappers down through the gaps in the decking.

    I am even ready for sand in the tub.


    I am ready for trips to the beach and ice-cream or snow cones afterwards.

    I am ready to swing on my porch swing with the handyman, listening to the radio on a Saturday night.

    I am ready to see my children's hair turn lighter as the sun and chlorine bleach it out.

    Speaking of that, I am ready for my own hair to need less touch-ups.

    I am ready for even more freckles to sprinkle across my kids' cheeks (and my own!)

    I am ready to watch the handyman mow the grass and build me things with no shirt on, while envying his freedom to do so!


    I am ready for my friends' annual Canada Day party.

    I am ready for CAMPING!!!

    I am ready to be the ever present life-guard, and assure myself that daily dips in the pool means they can skip the odd shower.


    I am ready for my farmer's tan.

    I am ready to wear more dresses than pants.

    I am ready to work my butt off writing (note to self: must find way to type while life-guarding)

    I am ready to sleep in and hopefully my internal clock will understand that before the summer is out!!

    Are you ready???
Newer Post Older Post Home