Paid To Popup Design House

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Decorate like an Anthropologist...



    (taking inspiration from a Phoenix restaurant bathroom)

    You all know me by now.
    I like to decorate on a budget.
    I HAVE to decorate on a budget.
    But I like things to look pretty.
    Any my husband can be pretty canny with money (definition: chiefly Scottish a : careful, steady)
    I can't get everything I want simply by making meatloaf.

    What he can't make, I buy...at yard sales, flea markets, thrift shops, Walmart, or Homesense.
    Or I make it myself. Unless it involves sewing. Because I've moved on from wrestling with my jammed up sewing machine and glue gun.

    But I have always wanted to go to Anthropologie.
    So, I went there on my recent trip to Phoenix.
    Before crossing the threshold, I was an Anthropologie virgin.
    But I crossed over to the dark side and browsed the racks like any respectable newbie would.
    Brought an armload of clothes into the dressing room and cursed myself for forgetting my camera.
    Laura takes hers in there and has a jolly good time.
    (But everything she does is funny).

    In the end, I bought this beautiful top:



    Except I have since checked out the online reviews and the non-starters said the ruffles make the mid-section look thicker.
    Great....
    I need that like I need another blog (because I have two).

    And then I bought this tea towel:


    I spent too much. My mother would agree.
    $28 USD

    But you forget that I like to decorate on a budget.
    And that my husband is canny.
    And I like things to look pretty.
    And I am a bit obsessed with clotheslines.

    So, guess what I am going to do with my $28 tea towel?

    WALL ART!!!!!

    Yep!

    Because even my mum wouldn't scold me for spending that on some art.
    Because I am pretty sure she doesn't do the free art thing.
    Can't remember my drawings plastering our harvest brown fridge back in the day.

    Is it any wonder I have my quirks?
Newer Post Older Post Home