Paid To Popup Design House

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A No-Fail recipe!


    I had a great Mother's Day.
    Except it wasn't a day and I wasn't anywhere near my kids.

    What kind of mother am I?

    I have come to realize -or remember - that I am a daughter, too; and shouldn't I be spending Mother's Day with MY mother?

    So, every Mother's Day weekend (and it should be an entire weekend, because we work HARD!), I head south of the border to go shopping with the women in my life, who are inclined to feel the same way.



    Because isn't eating great great food, laughing at our own jokes, and shopping till we (literally) drop a winning combination?

    (Yeses only, please...)

    And while I'm away, my brood entertains my mother-in-law and they partake of lobster (which I hate) and take her out for Chinese food and eat all of the pies she brings along. Really, it is a win-win situation.

    And while I am away, I send text messages and reminders to make me heart-felt home-made cards (teen-agers and all) or ELSE!! And they do, because they are good children.

    And when I get home, I bring in my parcels, collect my hugs and cards, and eat the left-over Chinese food they save for me.

    And that is my version of a no-fail Mother's Day!

Newer Post Older Post Home