Paid To Popup Design House

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Etsy-itis!!

    As I continue work on HOLIDAY and other projects, I have discovered some of the most talented Etsy artists and it is proving to be a bit of a bad good habit!

    Because I am loving all of the feminine and ruffly clothes, in shades of pale pinks, grey and yellow - and all of the snappy navy and white/cream, I have been on the hunt for some great jewelry.
    I like pretty jewelry, and what better source for redesigned vintage baubles than Etsy?

     I have been on the hunt for the perfect yellow necklace, and I am happy to say I have found it. It is from the talented artist, Crystal Beutler, and I can't wait to wear it!

    I am taking it to Arizona when I go to meet NieNie. Crystal designed the All is Well necklace NieNie wore when she hiked the Y, one year after her accident:



    And I picked up this stunner (from Nest Pretty Things), which is so pretty it literally made me sigh when I saw it:

     Unfortunately, so did almost every other piece she has for sale.

    I also purchased these little gloves from another Etsy vendor, which don't really fit my hands too well, but Sophie will love playing with. Not sure why I bought them, but they just appealed to me:


    I bought a little piece of artwork from this talented gal:

    (titled, Where I Go to Think...)

    Do you see what I mean? It is dangerous, I say, dangerous!!

    I think I've become one of those people who works in a pretty store and spends her pay-cheque on the merchandise!!

    What about you, are you hooked on Etsy??

    ************************
    By the way, if you are an Etsy vendor, did you know you can purchase affordable advertising in Holiday and win the chance for your shop to be given a full-page ad spread in the magazine?

    For the details, go HERE.
Newer Post Older Post Home